Requested food items include peanut butter, tuna, canned fruit and vegetables, rice, pasta and cereal. Cash donations also are welcome.
For each dollar raised, the Food Bank can distribute the equivalent of seven meals into the community.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 19
Time: Noon to 4pm
Location: Bashas’ Supermarket, 5115 N. Litchfield Rd., Litchfield Park
The event is part of St. Mary’s fifth annual “Super Saturday” food drive. Visit any of the following additional locations from 9am to 3pm Saturday, Nov. 19, to drop off food or cash donations. The organization hopes to reach a goal of 6,000 donated turkeys for holiday boxes.
• St. Mary’s Food Bank Stardust Campus (2831 N. 31st Ave)
• St. Mary’s Westside Facility (13050 W. Elm Street in Surprise)
• Albertsons Desert Ridge (21001 N. Tatum Blvd.)
• Albertsons Glendale (20255 N. 59th Ave.)
• Albertsons Peoria (8240 W. Deer Valley Road)
• Albertsons Surprise (16750 W. Bell Road)
• Albertsons Scottsdale (2785 N. Scottsdale Road)
• Albertsons Via Linda (11475 E. Via Linda)
• Albertsons Flagstaff (1416 E. Route 66)
• Harkins Christown 14 (1620 W. Montebello)
• Harkins Scottsdale 101 14 (7000 E. Mayo Blvd.)
• Harkins Arrowhead Fountains 18 (16046 N. Arrowhead Fountains Center)
• Harkins Gateway Pavilions 18 (10250 W. McDowell Road)
• Harkins Tempe Marketplace 16 (2000 E. Rio Salado Drive)
• Harkins Scottsdale Shea 14 (7354 E. Shea Blvd.)
• Harkins Flagstaff 11 (1959 Woodlands Village Blvd.)
Just look for the giant inflatable turkeys and smiling volunteers.